Quit Today, Start Living TomorrowSmoking harms nearly every organ in your body and negatively impacts your overall health and well-being. It is known to cause heart disease, stroke, lung diseases, osteoporosis, cancer, and death. Becoming completely tobacco-free, including smoking, vaping or other tobacco use, is the best thing you can do for your health.
The Good News
- Quitting tobacco use is hard, but you can do it.
- Quitting can reverse the damage that smoking has had on your health and reduce your chance of dying from smoking-related disease.
- You will experience immediate health benefits when you stop smoking, vaping, or chewing tobacco.
- It only takes 20 minutes to start reversing the negative effects of smoking.
- It’s never too late to quit and start improving your health.
When you’re ready to quit smoking, we’re ready to help.
The Maine QuitLink can make it easier, and increase your chances of quitting for good. You are 2-3 times more likely to quit with the Maine QuitLink than when you try to quit on your own.