You will have a better chance of quitting tobacco or vaping successfully if you have help and support from your doctor, family, friends, coworkers, and those that have been through the cessation process.
- Contact your close friends and family and let them know you are making a plan to quit smoking or vaping.
- Call your health insurance provider to inquire about coverage for tobacco cessation support.
- Schedule an appointment with your primary care doctor to discuss medication options.
- Like The Maine QuitLink on Facebook and follow us on Instagram or Twitter to receive free advice and support from others who are just like you.
- Join a support group for people quitting smoking/vaping or attend a tobacco cessation program.
- Get support from the Maine QuitLink.
- Announce your plan to quit smoking or vaping.
- Check out additional resources on the SmokeFree.gov website.